Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Beauty | Revlon Colorstay Foundation



Hello! I hope you are all well sorry, I haven't posted anything up for a while but life has got in the way of my blogging life recents. Now back to business...

Today I wanted to review the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. This is one of the most talked and blogged about hight-street foundations there is so when I ran out of my much loved Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation I decide to jump on the bandwagon and give this a whirl.

When buying Colorstay I did have a problem buying the correct shade, it's great that there is a large choice of shades but I found the colour of the foundation looked slightly darker outside of the packing which was a little bit of a pain. I also found that a lot of the shades are pink under-toned which also made it tricky finding my perfect shade. 


Having used Wake Me Up for years the glass bottle packing didn't bother me and it held quite a lot of product which is great. The one problem as I'm sure everyone knows is that Colorstay doesn't come with a pump! I find this really annoying as I tend to pour out far to much product and make a mess. If you buy Colorstay I would recommend to invest in a pump to use with it. 

The formula of Colorstay is lovely and applied to my skin smoothly and easily, I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply my foundation. This foundation is medium to full coverage which is a little heavy for my skin but it's good when I want a flawless look. The lasting power is amazing with this foundation I can wear it all day and evening and it will still look good. However I did find that it went a little patchy around T-Zone, after blending out a little with my RT brush and applying a little more powder my skin looked great again. Another problem I found with Colourstay is that you have to apply it on your face, to one area at a time if not it drys out really quickly on the skin making it hard to blend. 

Overall, I really like the Revlon Colorstay Foundation due to it's great staying power, constancy and price. I think it's a little heavy for me in the summer but I will defiantly be using it a lot more in the winter when I want a heaver coverage. 

Thank you for reading and let me know how you found the Revlon Colorstay Foundation? 




9 comments:

  1. BEST foundation in the entire world! Hehe =] Great post hun xx.

    www.beautyandlouise.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this foundation! I need to repurchase it!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use foundation but this looks so great. Thanks for the recommendation.

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is honestly my holy grail foundation, I never switch!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, I find it just as good as Studio Fix by MAC, but it annoys me that there's no pump and I'm sort of going off matte foundations. I also had trouble finding the right shade.

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite foundation! I have a light shade, so I use it in autumn/winter!
    At the moment, the Bourjois Happy Light matches my skintone better! :)

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was on the verge of buying this a few months back as I heard some very good things, but didn't, now I regret it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same experience with the foundation going patchy on me! Great review :) x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I read every single one. I will answer any questions you have :) xx