Monday, 12 May 2014

Recipe | Jammy Dodgers

Hello, today my post is something a little different to my normal beauty / fashion posts. I love getting in the kitchen, getting my hands messy and baking however I never think to blog about it, but here is my simple and yummy recipe to make Homemade Jammy Dodgers. 

Ingredients
250g unsalted butter, softened
104g golden caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
seedless raspberry jam
2 tbsp custard powder
85g icing sugar




1 - Heat the overn to 180c/160 fan/gas4. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment. 

2 - Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract, then stir in the flour with ¼ tsp salt. Roll the dough out thickly, making sure to use lots of flour on your work surface and this mixture is rather sticky. 







3 - Cut out a large circular shape biscuits. Then on half of the biscuits use a smaller cutter to cut out a smaller hole in the middle of the biscuit. Place the biscuit with the smaller hole on top of the whole biscuit, this will create the classic Jammy Dodger shape.



4 - Spoon the raspberry jam into the holes of the uncooked biscuits.



5 - Bake for 8-12 mins until pale golden and crisp. Cool on the trays.

6 - Mix the icing sugar and a small amount of water so you have a runny icing. Drizzle all over the cooled biscuits and then eat! 




I hope you enjoyed reading a post that is a little different, let me know if you bake them :)



15 comments:

  1. They look so yummy! I just wish I wasn't lazy, I never bake xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh they look incredible! I've never thought of making these before... they are delicious xx
    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these look great! I've only ever had the commercially-made kind but I bed the homemade versions are even better.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! Totally need to make those :)Carlinn x
    http://www.superficialgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. No waaaay, these look amazing!
    You have a cooking talent my darling xxxx

    thevelvetwonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing and yummy! I will be trying these out soon, thank you for sharing the recipe :)
    lots of love,
    http://sensitiveepidermis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing! the icing is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum! They look so good, the icing really does make it look amazing.
    rumbielove.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG THESE LOOK AMAZING!!! *___*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I read every single one. I will answer any questions you have :) xx