Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Beauty | NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Pop Life Review

Today I’m doing a review on the famous Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.

Having heard and read so much about the Lip Pencils I was sucked into buying one and I ordered the shade Pop Life.  This shade is a gorgeous matte red with a hint of orange, which makes it wearable for the day or evening. I believe this red would suit every skin tone and look great on anyone.

The packing is gorgeous with the classic Nars sleek black design and Nars embellishment on the side. The application of the product is effortless, due to the simple small pencil nib. 





Being able to apply a red lip shade without having to use a lip pencil and lipstick separately is perfect for me as I’m always on the go and love an all-in-one product.

The main negative about this lip pencil is the staying power, the bold red shade faded pretty quickly. This is a massive flaw as I like to know that my product will be long lasting and stay on all day. The colour started to bleed around my lips and emphasize the dry patches on my lips.


Overall for such a high-end product, the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil disappointed me. The colour range is spot on but the staying power just wasn’t there.  I still use this product as I love the shade but it couldn’t handle all day long without some reapplication.

Twitter - Instagram - Bloglovin'

11 comments:

  1. love Nars such good products! I need to try these heard such good things!

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NARS, their products are all so amazing! I have one of these in a peachy shade, and this looks so pretty xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw such a shame that the lasting power wasn't what you expected. The shade does look lovely though
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when high end products disappoint you'd of thought for the price they'd be good!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh that is a shame, I was going to purchase one but will think twice now!!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanna try some Nars products !
    Giveaway, get the bronze queen look
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen some similar reviews saying about the staying power - doesn't sound worth it for the price! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great honest review! I hate it when you buy high end products and they don't live up to your expectations.

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice colour, I think I need to order some of these :)

    http://yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been debating trying this for a while, such a shame that it doesn't last for very long. Helpful review, thanks! X

    Www.thevelvetblack.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I read every single one. I will answer any questions you have :) xx