Sunday, 4 May 2014

Beauty | 7 Beauty Sins

We would all love to think of ourselves as the perfect make-up and beauty gurus however we all have those bad habits or sins that we don't want to admit to and here are mine. 




1 - Neglect my Feet
I assume that most women get 'pedis' all the time or at least they care for their feet themselves at home. However for me cutting my toe nails once a week is more than enough. Only when I'm going on holiday and I know that my feet will be on show that I remove my hard skin, cute my cuticles and paint my toe nails.



2 - Washing Make-Up Brushes

I'm terrible at making the time to wash my brushes! Every morning the thought goes through my mind however I always find other useless activities to fill my day with. I leave my brushes to the point where I can't even use them till I get around to cleaning them.



3 - Cleansing Routine

I am very lucky that I have quite good skin without many blemishes or spots., this however makes me so lazy when it comes to skin care. I use my Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pads to remove my make up and sometimes I moisturise. I exfoliate and use a face mask about once a month and that is my skin care routine done with.



4 - Accessorising 

I know this isn't a 'beauty' related sin as such, but when it comes to accessorising I just don't. I wear the same jewellery everyday and with every outfit. I really admire girls that change their jewellery everyday to compliment their outfits, but how can they be bothered?!



5 - Fake Tanning

When it comes to fake tanning I always promise myself that I will fake tan a few times a week to keep my skin looking brown and glowing. However the reality is that I can never be bothered to exfoliate, apply the tan, wait for it to develop and then wash the tan off and moisturise. So instead I head off to my local sun bed shop and have a cheeky 10 minutes on the stand-up. 



6 - Spots

As I said before my skin is pretty good however when a little white head pops up I just have to pop it. I know you are meant to leave spots alone but I can't resist the temptation. 



7 - Using expired make up

This is something I'm sure all beauty lovers do. You buy a product, use it a number of times and then lose it for months deep in your collection. When I rediscover the product it's probably out of date but I think it's such a waste throwing it out. If the consistency is still good and it smells okay I will still use the product. 

What are your beauty sins?


11 comments:

  1. Ha ha! love this post! I'm guilty of nearly all of these ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag to do :) Enjoyed reading it! Love your blog :)
    Ava xox
    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same with fake tan, every year its the same old promise haha.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about changing my jewelry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!
    I'm guilty for doing some of these things! :/ but i'll try to be better haha i promise :)
    xx Ann-Kathrin

    www.annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine are pretty much the same as yours! I hardly ever wear jewellery because I forget more than anything and I aaaalways forget to give myself a good pedicure!
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I'm guilty of them all- especially the make up brushes one!
    Daniella

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not very good with number 1 or 7 :( - however I'm very anti-sunbed because of skin damage so I've tried to perfect my fake tan routine haha!

    Vicky xx
    Lots of Love, Me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guilty of most of them!! :(
    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Om Im the same with the accessories an beyond guilty of the makeup brushes. I find washing brushed to be the biggest chore, and only do it when ive run out completely, which makes the process even longer lol.
    rumbielove.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I read every single one. I will answer any questions you have :) xx